FIMU & FPA FINLAND
Show Racism the Red Card in Finland is a campaign which is operated together with the Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation (Fimu) www.fimu.org and the Football Players’ Association (JPY) of Finland www.jpy.fi. We have been showing red card to racism since 2003 in different sports in Finland. The project is financed by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
The Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation (Fimu) is an organisation founded by immigrants and persons of the Finnish origin in 1999, for the benefit of all immigrant people in Finland. Fimu has been affiliated with the Finnish Sports Federation (FSF) since autumn 2000. The aim of the organisation is to promote sports opportunities for immigrants and people of a immigrant background, and to safeguard the interests of all immigrant associations. Fimu comprises several sports clubs throughout Finland, many of these co-operating with the Finnish Sports Federation in realizing local projects for promoting equality and tolerance. In April 2012 in total 44 member associations belong to Fimu, about 90 % of which are founded and conducted by immigrants themselves.
The Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation’s aims are:
- To increase general awareness of multicultural sports and exercise in Finland.
- To ensure equal opportunities for sports and exercise for all immigrant people.
- To provide immigrant people with information and with the opportunity to learn from one another.
- To support the federation’s multicultural member associations in different way.
- To use sports as a tool to promote immigrants’ integration and inclusion into the Finnish society
The Football Players’ Association of Finland is a union for all the top level football and futsal players in Finland. The FPA of Finland is a member of the World Players’ Union FIFPro.